Star are objects representing a model star.
A model star is constituted by:
- an ambient Schwarzschild spacetime solution;
- a discrete representation (on leaves of a spacetime foliation) of an embedded stellar 2-surface exterior to which the ambient spacetime solution is assumed valid;
- a discrete representation of the local comoving source radiation field in time and photon phase-space over the stellar 2-surface;
- a discrete representation of the time-invariant null mapping from the stellar 2-surface to effective infinity;
- and low-level integrators of the radiation field incident in the neighbourhood of a point at effective infinity to obtain pulses.
Starrepresent model stars.
Each model star is abstractly constructed from an ambient spacetime,
Spacetime, and a collection of photosphere objects which are each embedded in that ambient spacetime for disjoint intervals of coordinate time.
Get the list of photosphere objects.
Update the star.
- fast_counts (tuple) – Total count numbers from two or more temperature components of a hot region. Each tuple element is itself a tuple over hot regions, and if a hot region has two temperature components that were integrated over during the fast mode, the total counts per component are elements of another tuple. This nested containerisation is handled automatically.
- threads (int) – Number of
OpenMPthreads to spawn for embedding photosphere objects in the ambient spacetime.